TrekNorth High School
Present: Lisa Harmon, Jean Benner, Dan McKeon, Erica Haynes, Mike
Munson, Steve Plum, Louise Mengelkoch, K. Forbes.
Absent: Dan Hawkins
Others Present: Julia
Plum (Office Manager), Kari Munson (Business Manager)
Shun (student), Cindy Ruether (EdVisions), Justin Testerman (VOA)
I. Song by Kari, Next reading assigned to Mike (5
II. Approval of Board Minutes from 2 December, 2003
III. Consent Agenda (5 min.)
- Enter board email(s) into the
public record (attached)
- Permission for staff, on behalf of TrekNorth,
to accept donations under
- Permission for the TN signatories to cash fundraiser checks
TrekNorth) in order for those funds to be deposited into the students’
fundraising account. (The separate fundraising account was
decided—and allows these student fundraising moneys to be
without going through UFARS.)
Motion to approve A and B on consent
agenda, Benner, sec. Harmon.
IV. Open Forum – visitors (5 minutes) Student Brianna
permission for TrekNorth to host a rap music concert Saturday, Dec.
13th, 2003. Motion to allow, McKeon, Sec. Haynes. Passed unanimous.
- bus purchase Steve/Mike (10 min.)
per mile operation (gas/maintenance) appears to be
around $1.00, annual lease 9,700, insurance 1,500/yr.
Motion to authorize
bus lease upon a favorable opinion of council
citing no issues of concern and a payment schedule that matches
Munson. sec. S. Plum
passed 7 yes, Mengelkoch, no.
- New proposed budget (5 min.)
Please note that there are fewer line items. The finance
supports the newly ‘translated’ version of the budget,
recommends the following changes:
Motion to approve budget transfers. Benner, Haynes. Passed unanimous
- Move funds ($6500) from professional
—to allow for acquiring a bus
(do not make these changes if board votes not to acquire bus)
- Move funds ($10,000)
from professional developmnent
--to assist in hiring new advisors
is preparing a report to the finance committee that will provide
more details on available funds in the personnel line-item budget.)
- Jterm trips (California and DC trips) (5 min.)
- possible food service change --Julia (5
- Board Training Update --Karen/Julia (5
- Who will attend the SLC board meeting next week? (2
Tuesday, 12/16 6:00PM Erica and Julia
- Referendum update (TNHS
will receive $280 per pupil unit for those
students who reside in the ISD #31 borders...likely to result
- proposed calendar change (5 min.) see adenda
Motion to approve calendar change. Haynes, sec. Haynes. Passed.
- vending machines --Kari (10
motion to approve vending machines on campus. Munson. Sec. Haynes.
passed 4 to 3.
- Cindy Reuther (remainder of
Next Regular Meeting at 6pm on January 6, 2003
Adjourn. Motion Haynes, Sec. Forbes. Passed unanimous.
***Agenda tems for next meeting are likely to include:
- Consider use
of Board Commitment document
- Naylor and Peterson Sheet Metal Proposals
(5 min.) --Steve
- Parent Involvement Committee
- PR Committee
- Discipline Committee—Need to reorganize?
(Previously, the board requested review of the wording of exclusion,
expulsion,and suspension policies.)
- Update on Sundog restructuring
- Proposed Changes to the 2003-2004
Calendar Requested 9 December, 2003
- Date Staff changes Student
- Jan. 23 Cancel staff development add a student day
- Jan. 26-29
Add Curric. Develpmt. (for curric. team) remove four
- Jan. 29-31 Add Staff Development: Grand Marais
remove two student day
- June 1-4 Add teaching days add four student days
(except for senior