Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
January 16, 2007
Present: Munson, Peterson, Carlson-Doom, Neal, Gustafson, Conlon, Hanko, Walker
Staff: K. Munson, K. Ganske, D. McKeon
Call to Order
Chair Conlon called meeting to order at 6:55p.m.
M/S/C Motion to approve agenda with an addition of change to the March board meeting date. Munson/Peterson/all in favor.
I. Consent Agenda
M/S/C Motion to approve consent agenda. Hanko/Munson/ all in favor.
II. Executive Report
A. Director report
- Enrollment at 160: plus growing waiting list
- “8.5” gade level opened up to 6 8th graders
- parent group: World café meeting Feb. 15, Thurs. at 5:30-7:30
- Website will be now done in house by McKeon, Laitala, Jones
III. Committee Reports
A. Finance Committee
M/S/C Motion to to approve new title of “Operations Manager” and new contract of Kirby Ganske. Peterson/Carlson-Doom/all in favor.
M/S/C Motion to approve school pyschologist, Dr. Cutler, as a contracted service.Peterson/Munson/all in favor.
- Feb. 9th, workshop on “budget and accounting tools that work” reccomended to board members and executive directors.
B. Governance Committee
- Discussed calendar: adding action words
- Policy review discussion
- Brainstormed list of recruitments to the board
C. Program Committee
M/S/C. Motion to approve the executive director evaluation committtee which will be comprised of the program committee, one teacher (non-board member), a parent (non-board member), and the board chair. Munson/Peterson/(Motion and second withdrawn)
- Internal report from Dan by March 1st
- Will meet to develop staff evaluation survey
- Will begin evaluation of Executive Director
IV. New Business
HCIS visit summary: Neal and Conlon
- 9-12 enrollment: 215
- discussed marketing video
- 7 member board
M/S/C Motion to change the March 13, 2007 meeting to March 20, 2007. Neal/Munson/all in favor
- MSBA officer workshop (Bemidji, Feb. 8th)
- Register by Jan. 31st
Adjourned at 8:04p.m.
Respectfully submitted, Kirby Ganske