Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
March 20, 2007
Present: Munson, Peterson, Carlson-Doom, Neal, Gustafson, Conlon, Walker
Absent: Adams, Hanko
Staff: D. McKeon
Chair Conlon called meeting to order at 7:05p.m.
I. Consent Agenda
M/S/C Motion to approve consent agenda. Peterson/Munson/ all in favor.
A. Previous Meeting Minutes
B. Board Financials
C. Finance Committe Minutes
II. Executive Director Report
The 2007 Mid-Year Report was mailed with board packets for review
and is to take the place of the standard Executive Director Report for
month of March
- Does not need board approval
- Waiting to hear back from Justin
- State Report must be board approved, very similar
- Strategic plan very helpful
III. Committee Reports
A. Finance Committee - nothing to add
B. Governance Committee
- Board Policy Revisions - Still tabled
- Board Action Calendar adjustment-
- Updating this year - go over changes to calendar,
made adjustments to first calendar to re-approve- went over changes.
M/S/C. Motion to approve revised calendar. Munson/Peterson/ all in favor
M/S/C. Motion to remove Chance from the board for missing three
. Munson/Carlson-Doom/ all in favor...next meeting resolution
for Neal to become the new check signer (paperwork needed from bank).
C. Program Committee
AP Report: Munson
M/S/C. Motion to approve the approve the 2007 AP report. Neal/Carlson-Doom/ all in favor.
Munson delivers the AP report, addressing participation average projected score of 2.4 (lower than 3.1, our goal), school culture, concrete standards, teacher training, investing in resources, more courses
OAP Report: Macheel
M/S/C. Motion for the board to receive and approve the OAP report. Gustafson/Carlson-Doom/ all in favor
- OAP Disciplines/Sister Trips, OAP Skills, Registration/Grading, Student Participation, Trip Leaders, Website/Advertising, Wilderness Medical Associate Classes, brought to the board by Gustafson.
- Graduation Requirements Revision & Graduation Policies
M/S/C Motion to change our graduation requirements to 36 credits because of eliminating J-Term. Munson/Peterson/ all in favor
M/S/C Motion to reaffirm policy of no early graduation. Munson/Walker/ all in favor.
M/S/C Motion to have two categories of Graduating with Honors, one with 3.75 GPA, and another category for AP courses with the requirement of taking 4 AP courses with an average test score of a 3 or higher. Munson/Peterson/ all in favor.
- Discussion of starting National Honor Society.
D. Executive Committee
- Director Evaluation
- Executive Committee did not meet. Executive Director Evaluation did not is in June, and Carlson-Doom will send examples to Conlon
IV. New Business
- Updated By-Laws and Restated Articles of Incorporation
M/S/C Motion to table By-Laws and Restated Articles of Incorporation to next meeting. Munson/Carlson-Doom/ all in favor.
Adjourned at 8:33 p.m.
Respectfully submitted, Michelle Neal