Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
May 8, 2007
Present: Peterson, Carlson-Doom, Neal, Gustafson, Conlon, Walker, Hanko, Ray, Munson
Staff: McKeon, Munson, Testerman
Welcome and Call to order called to order at 7:03p.m. Conlon
Change to the Agenda, add MCSSP Contract to Finance Committee, Under Program committee add calendar
M/S/C Motion to approve Agenda. Munson/Walker
I. Consent Agenda
A. Previous Meeting Minutes
B. Board Financials
M/S/C Motion to approve the Consent Agenda. Munson/Peterson
II. Executive Director Report
National Charter School Conference in New Mexico, talk about panel discussion. Next years conference is in June and could be a staff development opportunity. Bulk mailing review was mixed. Staff retention is the best we have had so far.
III. Committee Reports
A. Finance Committee
- 2008 Budget Approval
- M/S/C Motion to approve the 2007-2008 budget. Neal/Carlson-Doom
- Discussion of the College Prep classes, Junior High Advisory, and Reading Groups, and adding in more specific funding lines. These can also go into Title I funds. Thought of a comparison between 07/08 and 08/09 budget.
- April Board Financials
- ACH Agreement w/ First National
- M/S/C Motion to approve the ACH Contract Renewal for April 30th in 2007-2008. Neal/Gustfson
- MCSSEP Contract
- M/S/C Motion approve the Minnesota MCSSEP Contract for the 07, 08 school year. Peterson/Carlson-Doom
B. Governance Committee
- Board Election Results
- M/S/C Motion to approve the certified ballot count of board election results. Walker/Hanko
- Articles of Incorporation/By-Laws
- No action taking, awaiting legal action
C. Program Committee
- Discussion with Director Regarding Policy Ideas
- McKeon policies will be strategically discussed with program committee.
- M/S/C to approve the 2007-2008 school year calendar. Munson/Gustafson
IV. New Business
Supposed to hear a MAPP testing result today, but the report will be at the June meeting because of the way the testing window was set up (have not received all the results).
Adjourned at 7:56 p.m.
Respectfully submitted, Michelle Neal