Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
September 18, 2007
Present: Peterson, Carlson-Doom, Gustafson, Conlon, Neal, Munson, Roy, Walker, Hanko
Guests: McKeon, K. Munson, Wookey
Welcome and Call to order called to order at 6:47p.m., Conlon
I. Consent Agenda
A. Previous Meeting Minutes
B. Board Financials
M/S/C Motion to approve the consent agenda with the amendment to the August 21 board minutes reading: Motion to designate the Bemidji Pioneer as official newspaper, First National Bank Bemidji and Security Bank as official banks and depositories, and www.treknorth.org as the official venue for public source of information. Peterson/Munson/All in Favor
M/S/C Motion to add the current AYP situation to the New Business. Carlson-Doom/Gustafson/ All in Favor
II. Executive Director Report
-Enrollment is holding fairly steady, some people are going on maternity leave
III. Committee Reports
A. Finance Committee
- 2007-08 Contracts
- M/S/C Motion to approve MSBA renewal contract. Peterson/Neal/All in favor.
- M/S/C Motion to approve contract for Aramark. Neal/Carlson-Doom/All in favor.
- M/S/C Motion to approve Saturday School contract for 28 Saturdays, a total $2,520. Peterson/Carlson-Doom/All in favor.
- M/S/C Motion to approve Soccer Coach contracts. Peterson/Carlson-Doom/All in Favor Abstain: Roy
- 2007-08 Executive Report
- Amended Budget
- M/S/C Motion to accept new budget with revisions as of September 18, 2007. Neal/Munson/All in Favor
- Audit Review/Recommendation for Approval
- M/S/C Motion to approve the 2007 Audit. Carlson-Doom/Munson/All in Favor
B. Governance Committee
- By Laws & Articles of Incorporation- replace policies in packet at the next board meeting.
- M/S/C Motion to approve the Board of Directors Policies. Hanko/Neal/All in Favor
- M/S/C Motion to approve the Certificate of Restated Articles of Incorporation. Hanko/Carlson-Doom/All in Favor
- M/S/C Motion to approve the By Laws governing the Board of Directors. Gustafson/Munson/All in Favor
C. Program Committee
- Grade Scale Adjustment- no recommendation
- 2007-08 Executive Report
- M/S/C Motion to amend the Executive Director report to include but not be limited to Overview, Enrollment and marketing, Post Secondary Preparation, Curriculum and Instruction, Staff Sustainability, and Financial Status. Munson/Gustafson/All in Favor
IV. New Business
A. Annual Report: McKeon- We should propose a changed accountability plan to include AP Programming. Dan will work on this with teachers and submit a proposal to the board to go to Volunteers of America.
M/S/C Motion to approve the Annual Report. Roy/Gustafson/All in Favor
B. AYP Situation